School Improvement Council
Welcome to the WPS School Improvement Council
- The School Improvement Council (SIC) encourages the involvement of all parents and community members as we all strive to have the best school for our children and families in our community. We hope you find this site informative as you learn more about the WPS SIC. Please look at the scheduled meeting dates and join us at our next meeting. Everyone is invited to attend our meetings. They are not just for elected and appointed members. We look forward to working with you as we make WPS even better.
About the SIC
NAME: School Improvement Council
SCHOOL: Woodruff Primary School
SCHOOL PHONE: 864-476-3174
- The School Improvement Council (SIC) serves as an advisory committee to a school's principal and faculty.
- Unlike the PTO and other voluntary school organizations, councils are mandated by law to exist in every public school in South Carolina.
- SICs play a key role in the education of our state's children, bringing together parents, educators and community stakeholders to work collectively to improve their local schools.
- More than 12,000 people serve on SICs in South Carolina.
SIC duties focus primarily on the school improvement process. SICs:
- provide input and feedback during the development of the school's five-year renewal (improvement) plan and annual updates;
- assist in implementation of school improvement programs and activities;
- monitor and report on progress toward improvement goals in the annual SIC Report to the Parents and with the principal in the narrative to the SC School Report Card;
- provide other assistance as requested by the principal.
Officers and Members
Woodruff Primary School School Improvement Council
SIC Meeting Dates
October 2, 2023
December 7, 2023
February 20, 2024
April 9, 2024
Report to Parents